Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Snow Blows

I do like the snow, I like how it makes the whole town conform to one aesthetic, how even the most beat up of cars magically blends in with the Mercedes parked next to it, and a transitional neighborhood has magically transitioned overnight into a pristine winter village of now obviously beautiful homes. I do believe snow helps sell real estate.

Can you spot the meth lab?


Snow though becomes a pain in my butt when I have pictures to take, I rely heavily on natural light, otherwise no work gets done. Now I know there has to be a better limitless way to take photos without actually having to rely on mother nature for a sunny day but I haven't figured it out yet(I just barely know how to work the digital camera). Snow is also a pain because I do not open the store when it snows, because wet people and sidewalk salt is not good for the vintage, not to mention the silk. So not only can I not get photos taken for the website, I can't open the shop either, so I am doubley screwed and my poverty is prolonged, no shopping for me or road trip to NYC for the Mahattan Vintage Clothing Show this weekend, dag nabbit!

The weeks not over yet, I'm still holding out for a miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment