Monday, February 16, 2009

Windows are the eyes to the souls of houses or (shoe stores)

The weekend was very hectic, went to a bunch of antique stores hunting for items for my shop as well as trying to figure out what to do with my window displays once the Valentine's thing has run it's course.

I've only been open Since November of '08, so it was a given it would be a Christmas themed window first time out. From there I moved straight into Valentine's, pretty early for it being only the beginning of January, but my brain was fried from all the fetes! And Valentine's was another no brainer, buying time so my brain can warm up to the idea of window display creativity. I use to be a creative person and then I had the twins rather recently and I think they stole my brain, would explain why I feel like the living dead daily, why sometimes I find myself staring blankly at the computer monitor wondering why I sat down in front of it in the first place or when people talk to me I just nod my head, "Uh-Huh" and then a second later I counter with , "wait a minute, what?"

Anyway, Mardi Gras is coming up, but instead of doing an obvious purple, green and yellow mask/bead thing, I thought I would go black and white, masquerade thing. OR just forgo Mardi Gras and do something with kites and umbrellas or maybe suitcases. I just know it has to be quick and easy to execute because it will only be up two weeks and then onto doing a Salvador Dali-esque window for Daylight Savings:)


Here are some photos of my Christmas windows, I was going for "unwrapped presents" theme, the red "dress" is actually made of ribbon, garland and a crinoline, sorry about the poor image quality.







1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your shop! Your Christmas window are beautiful. I love the black & white theme to follow your red Christmasy one. And then start off spring/travel/new life theme with the kites and such. Great plan. I know I added nothing to your ideas, but I think you're right on. I would love to peruse your store. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete