Tuesday, February 17, 2009


Yesterday was a busy day, I think I was possessed by the matriarchs (or at least servants) that lived in the house before me as well as all the Greek yayas that I'm descended from on my dad's side as well, as their domestic divinity took hold.

I found an unused pack of cranberries and decided to use them up and make scones, now a recipe that takes usually 15 min. to whip up and get in the oven, if I'm trying it for the first time, it turns into an hour because I can never stick to a recipe and the first batch is always practice. In the end, I still didn't like the end result, next time I'll cook the cranberries down slight in honey or sugar before I put them in, but still the hunt for a the perfect base recipe for scones
continues....


Jack and Annabel helped make the scones:)


I also had some draperies for the babies room that proved to be too white when hung along with the white cribs so a tea bath it was for them, but could you believe all I had was herbal, and herbal doesn't seem work as well, I used Twinings African Rooibos red tea, thinking that might be cool, we'll see I'm still waiting for them to come out of the washer. I think I might have to go out and buy regular tea anyway just to have it on hand (Red Rose Wade figure YES!!)


I also took a bunch of photos for Etsy and still only managed to get only one good listing out of them because no matter what I do I can't get my shutter speed and the lighting in the room to agree, it doesn't help that it's natural lighting which shifts constantly. I'm just going to have to figure out the lighting and find fake natural lighting so I can take pictures any time of the day.


Below is the pretty pink dress that was listed last night, hopefully I can get more listings done today while the shop is open.


2 comments:

  1. Wow. That was a busy day! And with two little ones (so cute, by the way) "helping" you along the way. I need to channel some of that over here. My day completely got away from me yesterday and while the errands list is done for today, I'm not feeling too inspired. Channel. Channel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My "errands" are a constant source of anxiety, because before I know it it's bed time and I have had no time to unwind with the children and the mister or to take on one of the projects that I actually WANT to do.

    Anything that I can accomplish in a day that isn't work related is a good day, that day with the babies was a good day:)

    ReplyDelete