Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Have a heart colors bleed too

I am working to buy a huge pile of vintage lingerie, the problem is color transferred from a hot pink 40s dressing robe to pretty much all the champagney and white nightgowns, it was stored in a suitcase in a shed so safe bet moisture got into it, a real shame what happens to a lot of this stuff.

Now most buyers wouldn't even bother with this mess, but I personally feel that it's about preservation more than resale and if I can save these items from a dumpster then it's very satisfying and rewarding for me. Now most people will take stained gowns and dye them, which is something I'm willing to do if all else fails, but being a purist I like to try to bring them back to their original condition first before resorting to that.

Now RIT does sell a color extractor for when that pesky red sock finds it's way into the whites that might work on my white gowns, but I don't think I want to try it on the champagne and pink colored items.

What do you do when colors bleed in your laundry?

No comments:

Post a Comment